Lexicographica: Series Maior
Supplementbände zum Internationalen Jahrbuch für Lexikographie
- Band 146:
- Fuertes-Olivera, Pedro A. / Tarp, Sven: Theory and Practice of Specialised Online Dictionaries. Lexicography versus Terminography.
X/272 S. - Berlin / Boston: de Gruyter, 2014.
Dieser Band ist im IDS verfügbar:
- Alternative Medien:
- E-Book (PDF). Berlin / Boston: de Gruyter. ISBN: 978-3-11-034902-3
- E-Book (EPUB). Berlin / Boston: de Gruyter. ISBN: 978-3-11-036833-8
This book is the first comprehensive monograph on the Function Theory of Lexicography, which originated at the Aarhus School of Business (Aarhus University). Function Theory considers dictionaries to be tools that are constructed for assisting specific users with punctual needs in specific usage situations, e.g. communicative-oriented situations and cognitive-oriented situations. The book's main focus is on defending the independent academic status of lexicography and its corollary: The process of designing, compiling and updating (specialised) online dictionaries needs a theoretical framework that addresses general and specific aspects. The former are common to all types of information tools, the latter are mainly dependent on the media for which the information tool is constructed and their specific target users. This books offers both aspects and moves from the highest level of abstraction to very detailed aspects of lexicographic work, e.g. how to convert an originally-conceived polyfunctional online dictionary into several monofunctional usage-based ones.
The book illustrates that the theory and the methodology currently used by advocates of the Function Theory of Lexicography offers better results than other approaches and therefore makes its case for proposing the Function Theory for terminological/terminographical work.
|2.||What is Specialised Lexicography?||S. 4|
|3.||Academic Status of Specialised Lexicography||S. 19|
|4.||Concept of Lexicographical Theory||S. 34|
|5.||General Theory of Specialised Dictionaries||S. 44|
|6.||Special Problems Related to Online Dictionaries||S. 91|
|7.||A Critical View of Terminography||S. 104|
|8.||An Analysis of Specialised Online Dictionaries||S. 129|
|9.||Designing, Making and Updating Specialised Online Dictionaries||S. 192|
- L’Homme, Marie-Claude (2015): Rezension von: Pedro Fuertes-Olivera, Sven Tarp: Theory and Practice of Specialised Online Dictionaries. Lexicography and Terminography. In: International Journal of Lexicography 28, Issue 1. Oxford: Oxford University Press. S. 124-130. →Verlag
- Müller-Spitzer, Carolin (2017): Rezension von: Fuertes-Olivera, Pedro A.; Tarp, Sven: Theory and Practice of Specialised Online Dictionaries. Lexicography versus Terminography. (Lexicographica: Series maior; 146). In: Germanistik 58, Heft 1-2. Berlin/Boston: de Gruyter. S. 110. →IDS-Publikationsserver →Verlag